The Master Chefs
Sautéed B.C. Geoduck with Hot and Sour Shredded Potato by Chef Tony Wu
Hot and Sour Shredded Po¬tato is a traditional household favorite in Sichuan. Chef Tony Wu put a twist on the popular dish by using geoduck and Shanxi mature vinegar, a condiment known in Chinese cuisine as “The World’s Best Vinegar”.
1 whole geoduck (approx. 3lbs)
1.5 lbs potatoes
3 chili peppers
5 yellow chives
2 spring onions
1 white section of spring onion
Seasoning for potato
4 tbsp Shanxi mature vinegar
1 tbsp Amoy Golden Label Dark Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Amoy Golden Label Light Soy Sauce
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp chicken bouillon powder
Seasoning for geoduck
2 tbsp Shanxi mature vinegar
½ tbsp Amoy Golden Label Dark Soy Sauce
½ tbsp Amoy Golden Label Light Soy Sauce
1 tsp sugar
½ tsp chicken bouillon powder
1. Remove skin from potatoes and shred into strips; rinse in cold water and put aside.
2. Cut yellow chives and white section of spring onions in sections. Dice chili pepper and spring onion; mince garlic.
3. Clean and halve geoduck; cut into strips. Quickly sauté for 30 seconds, put aside.
4. Stir-fry chili pepper and garlic over high heat, stir in potatoes. Add seasoning ingredients for potatoes and stir in diced green onion. Put on plate.
5. Stir-fry the white section of a spring onion over medium heat. Add geoduck, seasoning ingredients, and yellow chives. Place on top of cooked potatoes and serve.
This recipe is supported by Underwater Harvesters’ Association
TASTE THIS CULINARY CREATION AT:
Tin Tin Seafood Harbour
3711 No. 3 Rd
Richmond, BC V6X2B8
Tel: (604) 370-3883