The Master Chefs
On 18, Feb 2013 | In Alberta Pork | By admin
Classic Alberta Pork Bone Soup Base for Hotpot by Chef Raymond Cheung
Landmark Hot Pot House is well known for its rich aromatic soup base. In this classic recipe, chicken frames, Alberta pork bones, Chinese celery, red dates, goji berries, and dried shrimps are used to create intricate flavours. The highlight of the hotpot meal is enjoying the creamy pork bone marrow at the end.
4 Alberta pork bones
1 chicken frame
6 cups of water
3 oz dried shrimps
1 bunch of spring onion
1 bunch of Chinese celery
10 red dates
20 goji berries
2 tsp salt
1 tsp chicken bouillon powder
1. Clean and rinse pork bones. Put pork bones in a pot of boiling water; let it sit and remove from pot as soon as water reboils.
2. Put pork bones and chicken frames into a pot of boiling water; turn heat to low when the water comes a boil; cook for 3 hours.
3. Remove chicken frames from soup; add seasoning ingredients
4. Remove leaves and roots from Chinese celery. Cut spring onion and Chinese celery into pieces
5. Stir-fry dried shrimps in a hot pan with oil, put aside.
6. Before serving, put the prepared flavoring ingredients into soup and bring it to a boil.
Tips: Enjoy this hot pot with sliced Alberta pork jowl or pork belly.
TASTE THIS CULINARY CREATION AT:
Landmark Hot Pot House
4023 Cambie St
Vancouver, BC V5Z 2X9
Tel: (604) 872-2868